Week Commencing - 19th October 2020
Welcome to Year 2
Teacher - Miss Sandy
TA - Mrs F
Hello Children, Parents and Carers
Welcome to our class page, which features important information about current and future learning. Please view the curriculum overviews, plus the Parent/Carer Information Evening PowerPoint.
This term, our class PE sessions are on a Monday and Wednesday. Please send your child into school wearing their PE kit on these days, plus on the after-school sports/dance club days. Some children have arrived in shorts, as these sessions will be outside, please ensure your child arrives wearing warm clothing e.g. joggers and jumpers.
Remember that Homework books and Partnership Diaries are returned to school every Friday for the weekly test, therefore those that forgot theirs, please bring in this Monday.
Staff meetings occur on Wednesday PM, Friday AM and PM, therefore I will do my upmost to respond to you in due course. If you have any other questions, please contact the office.
Stars of the Week & Dojo Winner
Consolidating this half terms learning. Kindly refer to https://www.nagwa.com/en/courses/263169534078/ for more information to help you support your child at home.
Children made a great start to understanding past tense and chronological order of events within a Diary entry. This week they'll write a diary from the perspective of a character in the Vlad and The Great Fire of London.
Children created freeze frames to depict the events of the Great Fire of London, then worked in pairs to create a timeline.
Kindly bring in a cereal box (on Tuesday), or clean milk carton or similar covered in white paper, for children to make a house, during continuous provision (Busy Learning). In class they can add the wooden features, windows and doors, maybe a sign it it's a shop. See my example below.
Enjoy using Reading Eggs as a temporary alternative to sending books home, as per the letter sent week commencing 19/10/20. Please remember that the Reading Levels are set by the programme's algorithm, therefore based on your child's reading, listening and answering the comprehension questions. If the level appears lower than you expect, please don't worry, be patient as Reading Eggs adjusts to suit the child at the time.
Maybe read the Parent Guide (click the image to open the link).
Due Monday 7th November 2020
Daily at Home
- Reading- short-term, kindly use your own books, or download reading and comprehension.
- Spellings - practise spellings at home (not in the Homework book to allow space for future work), we use Spelling Frame https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/2/Year-2, it's interactive to use at home.
Weekly from Home to Class
- Reading books - when books are issued, kindly return the sanitised book every Friday (any returned later in the week, will receive a new book on the following Friday).
- Homework Books - kindly return every Friday, as the children complete spellings and in the future times tables tests in this book too. Those that forget can take the spelling paper home to be stuck in.
Weekly from Class to Home
- Reading books - books will be issued weekly on Fridays only (once the assessments are completed).
- Spellings - stuck into Partnership Book on Monday's (Friday when possible), those without Partnership Books on Fridays, need to use the spelling list on the website.
- Homework books - issued to children on Mondays (Fridays when possible).
- Times Tables - watch this space!
Fortnightly from Class to Home
- Maths homework is handed out on Mondays, to be completed within 2 weeks for marking.
Parent/Carer Information Evening