Welcome to Year 3!
Week Beginning: Monday 18th of October 2021
I can't believe how quickly the first half term has gone! I have been so impressed with all your positive attitudes and hard work over the past few weeks; you have all had an amazing start to Year 3!
I hope you all have a lovely half term next week and enjoy your well deserved break!
Important information for parents:
- We will have a spellings test every Friday. The spellings lists for both groups are below.
- As explained at Parents Information Evening, some classes are choosing to upload homework weekly onto the class page as a sustainable alternative to printing it out. Homework sheets do not need to be printed at home, your child can write down the answers to the worksheet into their book. Homework is due in to be marked on Monday 1st November.
- If your child is still on Read Write Inc, books will be given out every Monday. It is encouraged that your child reads their home reader 3 times.
- If your child is a free reader, books will not be given out and your child is encouraged to practise reading with books they have at home.
- P.E will be on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Your child will need to bring in their P.E kit to change into at lunchtime.
- Please make sure your child has a water bottle to keep hydrated throughout the day as well as a piece of veg or fruit for morning snack. (Free fruit is no longer given out in KS2)
Year 3 Parents Information Presentation
Homework W.C: Monday 18th October
Homework will be a combination of spellings practise, timestable practise, a small maths or reading comprehension activity. Spellings and times table practise will be set weekly; Maths/SPaG/Comprehension work will be given out every other week. Homework sheets do not need to be printed at home. Your child can write the answers to the homework sheets into their homework books.
Homework will be given out on Monday 18th October. Books are due in to be marked on Monday 1st November.
This week there is:
- Spellings practise- Practise your spelling words in your homework book using the methods below.
- 4 Times Table Practise sheet
- Column addition and subtraction practise
- Mini reading comprehension
If your child is in Pearl Group (Orange/Yellow reader) their comprehension is: The Queen's Elephant
If your child is in Emerald Group (Blue Reader) their comprehension is: Terrific Travel Competition
If your child is in Sapphire Group (Grey/Free Reader)their comprehension is: Gary's Big Adventure
Homework W.C: Monday 11th October
This week's homework does not require homework books as the activities can be completed on a device/on a sheet of paper at home.
This week there is:
- Spellings Practise: Practise this week's spellings using the methods below.
- Times Table Practise: We are going to be learning the 4 times tables in class this week. Watch the YouTube video and then have a go at the games below.
Hit the The Button- Select the 4 Times Table
Fruit Splat Multiplication- Select the 4 Times Table
There will be a spellings test every Friday. You should practise your spellings for 5 minutes each day.
Blue Group Spellings
Green Group Spellings
Year 3 Spellings list
This week in class:
We will be writing our own Stubby stories this week.
This week, we are continuing with our addition and subtraction unit using column method on two 3 digit numbers.
We will be continuing with our Art unit and making poppies out of clay.
Dojo Winner and Star of the Week!
Lillie got star of the week for trying hard in maths this week!
Jaycob got star of the week for using good descriptive features in his writing!
Well done guys
Our Christian value this term is thankfulness.
Year 3 English curriculum break down:
Year 3 Maths curriculum break down:
The School Run (useful website for subject knowledge)