Welcome to Year 3!
Week Beginning: Monday 6th June 2022
The theme for this half term is 'Under the Canopy' where we will be learning about Rainforests and Conservation through various different subjects.
Important information for parents:
Homework W.C: Monday 6th June
Sheets do not need to be printed out, your child can write the answers down into their book. Homework sheets can also be printed at school if needed, please ensure your child speaks to me.
This week there is:
There will be a spellings test every Friday. You should practise your spellings for 5 minutes each day. If you are unsure what a word means, use a dictionary to check it's meaning.
Online Dictionary for kids: https://kids.wordsmyth.net/we/
Blue Group Spellings
Green Group Spellings
Year 3 Spellings list
Additional Worksheets (Optional)
Following on from conversations at Parents Evening, additional worksheets for extra practise have been uploaded to the class page. These worksheets will be changed every 2 weeks. Please note, if you wish for your child to complete additional worksheets at home, answers will be provided as these worksheets will not be marked in school. These sheets are optional.
If your child struggles with any concepts from the additional sheets, please use the websites below to help or simply, search the concept on Youtube and you will find tutorials.
This week in class:
Dojo Winner and Star of the Week!
Dojo Winner: Henry!
Grace got star of the week for always being helpful around the classroom!
Ruby got star of the week for her oustanding effort and brilliant diary writing in English!
Well done guys!
Our Christian value this term is Truthfulness.
- We will have a spellings test every Friday. The spellings lists for both groups are below.
- As explained at Parents Information Evening, some classes are choosing to upload homework weekly onto the class page as a sustainable alternative to printing it out. Homework sheets do not need to be printed at home, your child can write down the answers to the worksheet into their book.
- If your child is still on Read Write Inc, books will be given out every Monday. It is encouraged that your child reads their home reader 3 times. Your child may receive a reader that they have read before (i.e in Year 2) but it is important that they still read it to help further improve their fluency.
- If your child is a free reader, books will not be given out and your child is encouraged to practise reading with books they have at home.
- P.E will be on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Your child will need to bring in their P.E kit to change into at lunchtime. As the weather is now colder, please ensure your child has a jumper and tracksuit bottoms because we will still be doing P.E outside.
- Please make sure your child has a water bottle to keep hydrated throughout the day as well as a piece of veg or fruit for morning snack. (Free fruit is no longer given out in KS2)
Year 3 Parents Information Presentation
Year 3 English curriculum break down:
Year 3 Maths curriculum break down:
The School Run (useful website for subject knowledge)